COVID-19 & Summer Camps
We are thrilled that summer camp is right around the corner! We know it’s been a hard year for so many and are grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve campers and their families this summer!
Since our successful summer camp season last year we have continued to serve groups and adapt our standards and procedures in light of COVID-19. Building upon that experience and knowledge we have updated our 2021 COVID-19 Policy and are excited about yet another amazing summer at Camp Highland!
Preventative Mindset and Medical Standards:
- Prior to arrival we will be asking all families to fill out a COVID-19 symptom screening form for their campers to ensure campers don’t come into Camp sick.
- Temperature checks will be taken daily for both campers and staff.
- As always, medical staff will care for your camper in the most responsible and caring way possible, which in some instances may mean sending your camper home.
What about physical distancing?
- Camp Highland has always prioritized small group interactions to help campers build deep relationships! Because of this, camp is already set up so that campers primarily interact with the other members of their cabin (up to 10 campers and 2 counselors).
- When cabins do interact with one another, our way of running camp is already set up so that these interactions generally take place outside or in large open areas.
What about Masks?
- Face coverings will not be needed except for the rare occurrence that staff/ campers need to interact closely with someone outside of their cabin in an enclosed space for an extended period of time.
- However, all food handlers will wear their face covering while preparing and serving food.
What about testing?
To allow Camp to function as normal as possible for your camper once they arrive, we want to do what we can to ensure that campers show up to Camp COVID free. In order to do this, we will be requiring one of the following forms of documentation:
- A negative COVID-19 test result (antigen tests only, antibody tests will not be accepted) within 7 days of arrival to camp.
- A COVID-19 vaccine card verifying the camper’s final vaccine shot was at least 2 week prior to their camp arrival date.
- A positive COVID-19 test result within 10-90 days prior to camp, as long as they are symptom-free prior to arrival at Camp.